The Como Community Council is looking for the best holiday decorations in the neighborhood. Here’s how it works.
1. Now: Sign up you house or a neighbor’s by filling out the form at www.district10comopark.org/holidays.html. Get us the entry before 8 a.m. on Monday Dec. 14. (Entries must be within District 10 – which is the parts of Saint Paul from roughly Larpenteur on the north, Dale on the east, Pierce Butler on the south, and Aldine on the west.)
2. Beginning Dec. 15: We’ll turn residents loose to choose their favorites. Check the Como Community Council’s website and Facebook pages to find a map of all the nominated houses! Take a stroll or ride, and enjoy our community’s creativity.
3. Dec. 15-30: Vote for the Neighbor’s Choice Award (we’ll link to the ballot from our web page when all nominations are in).
4. Thursday Dec. 31: We’ll announce the neighborhood’s favorites – who get bragging rights, celebratory cookies, fame, and more.
Recognition where it’s due
Know someone who makes the Como Park area a better place to live, work or play? Nominate them for the District 10 Neighborhood Honor Roll. The Honor Roll pays tribute to everyday people who make a sustained and lasting impact in our neighborhood or the city.
Submit your nominations by email to: email@example.com. Make sure we receive them no later than Thursday Jan. 14. Tell us who you are nominating and why. The Como Community Council board then selects three of your nominees at its January board meeting recognize for 2020.
Make a meal out of this
The Como Community Council, in partnership with the Sanneh Foundation, is distributing free meal boxes on selected Friday afternoons for Ramsey County residents dealing with financial hardships because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The boxes hold ingredients and recipe suggestions for two meals (6 servings each). The boxes contain locally sourced food, including lean proteins, whole grains, fresh produce, spices, and pantry staples.
Distribution will be on Fridays Dec. 11 and 18, beginning at 1:30 p.m. Distribution will be in the north parking lot of Niem Phat Buddhist Temple, at Como and Front. The site is served by the 3A and 65 buses.
Reservations are highly recommended: Sign up at www.district10comopark.org/mealbox.html. Walk-up distribution will be available while supplies last.
Call or link into D10 meetings
Pandemic or not, renters, homeowners, and other community members are always welcome to participate in District 10’s board and committee meetings. You can join either by video conference or by phone.
To obtain links, phone numbers, or other access information, send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, call 651-644-3889. Upcoming meetings:
• Board meeting: Tuesday Dec. 15.
• Neighborhood Relations: Tuesday Jan. 5
• Land Use: Wednesday Jan. 6
• Environment: Wednesday Jan. 12
All meetings begin at 7 p.m. Whenever possible, agendas and other relevant documents are posted in advance in the “Board News” section of District 10’s website: www.district10comopark.org