Mayor job description
- Executes official documents.
- Makes official appointments subject to the approval of the council.
- Presides at council meetings.
- Manages the finances of the city.
- Creates commissions to focus on community needs.
- Establishes priorities for city departments.
- At least 21 years old upon assuming office.
- Eligible to vote in Minnesota.
- Maintains residence in their district at 30 days before the general election.
- Has not filed for another office at the upcoming primary or general election.